I wanted to get my daughter into something fun and beneficial; I thought this was a good route. Its a 1/wk program that runs till the end of the year.
This is her instructor Miss Kim. There are only a handful of girls and 1 boy. I think its best that its a smaller class. At this age learning to focus is a difficulty...not to mention cooperate.
Now dont be fooled by these pictures...she tends to be the outcast in a way that she tends to go off and do her own thing. I was fortunate to snap these shots while she stayed long enough to participate.
See what I mean? lol Stinker!
the first 15 minutes is just basic "warm-ups" but the kids don't see it as that...they just think they are playing.
Here they are learning to run in a circle.
A smart tactic they've come up with while changing onto the next thing is to get them in a line and "chu-chu" over there while singing a song. That way they all move onto the next together.
The instructor firsts shows them what she wants them to do, a routine, then they all try the sequence in which she's created. Example: (crab crawl, beams, then donkey kicks)
Sometimes its as simple as walking across and sometimes you lift one leg high, step, lift other, step. It varies.
Heres the "crab crawl" i mentioned.
Theres a few other things she does that I have not mentioned. Just various activities and tumbles and how to land properly...of the sort. All in all she really does enjoy it, even if the instructor has to call for her through out class. I just hope she grows out of it cause by far shes the youngest and a 1st timer. So I just keep reminding myself of that. (sigh) "That Stinker" i say alot. I often will call Sean and tell him all the funny things shes done. We both just kinda have to laugh.
My hope is that she'll also gain some social skills, sadly she and I are kinda "homebodies".








3 comments:
Oh, love that you enrolled her in gymnastics. so fun!
I just have to put this out there.... By any chance have you checked to see if your daughter has a mild & I mean very mild case of autism? I would suggest asking her dr to run test on her. Only reason Im saying this is because of her social & language skills, they seem to be delayed, like her liking to be off by herself? I hope this brings no offense as it is not a bad thing its just something that if gets noticed early in life is easier to take care of! Its very important to get a diagnoses as early as possible!
What fun! Emmery is just a little
investigater! She likes to check
everything out. See what's in the
world around her! She's only three,
so as far as language skills, I
think she'll come along fine. I
remember Eden at that age & I
couldn't understand anything he
said or get him to speak much &
now he talks a stream & I can
understand him. He's four now, so
a year makes alot of difference.
I think gymnastics will be alot
of fun for her & give her a chance
to get involved socially at the
same time. Go, Go, Go have fun
Emmery!! It's fun watching all the
little grandkids & all their
different little personalities!!
Post a Comment