So as I am trying to stay cheap...because if your a crazy chick like me who fantasizes about what findings I might find at a yardsale for pennies...you might be a Cheaper(my definition for; One who is cheap). Im a Cheaper and always looking for a cheaper alternative(ha ha get it?)...while without compromising quality.
Im at the store and I need chicken bouillon cubes and bay leaves. Even at Walmart you're looking to pay about $2.22 for the
for 25 cubes.
and the only bay leaves i can find available are by McCormick and its pathetic cause you get like 4 leaves in this itty bitty jar and pay a whoppin' $4.58. Thats ridiculous!
I have my sister to thank because if it wasn't for her I would have continued to ignore the Mexican food supply area that you find in most stores...i think its labeled "Latin foods" aisle. It was her who told me she buys the mexican brand sugar. Its awesome, i bought it, its unbleached, untouched sugar. As I was making my way through the aisles I just happened to walk thru the Latin aisle and I looked over and noticed the bags of various spices hanging, the same ones i pass by everytime. This time I stopped, not sure why i did, and read each label. The labels are marked in Spanish and then underneath written in English: basil, parsley, chili powder, etc...then there it was...Bay leaves. Dried bunch of bay leaves.
I was shocked and even MORE shocked when i saw the amazing price of only .97cents!(gasp)
A bunch! not some measly 4 leaves for 5 bucks. Big O'smile upon my face.
Well then the thought that passed through my mind was...what else is here in this aisle???
I grazed over the items on the shelf and sure enough came across Knorrs chicken bouillon cubes. And get this...it was only like a $1.18 i think...super cheap. And it holds 24 cubes but costs a dollar less. And Knorr is known for other products such as there gravy sauce. So whats not to trust?
You have GOT to shop the Latin food aisle...I don't think I will ever look back!!!
And also as of today....
before:
After:
I did it! yup, never tried this cut before in my life and miraclously it appeared. Shes such a doll in her new do! Fitting new cut for a new 4 yr old.:)
3 comments:
cute cut! I laughed when I saw it because we must have been on the same wave length because I just cute Kira's hair into an A line. So she has short hair too. Fun new dew for summer.
Adorable! Great Job!
Good job!
Post a Comment