So Sean and I left M with my mom, who so sweetly took on the task last minute, and headed out for a late afternoon show. Inception was Fantastic! I can understand how ppl can't "get it" but trust me its better if you saw it twice. The first time you're too busy trying to hear what they are saying, what they are referring to while being side-tracked by the amazing CGI. This film has been in the making for 10-12 years. The director didn't want to bring it about until it was fully the appropriate time. Kinda cool eh?
So after the movie we chatted all the way to the restaurant about it. We arrived to a delicately decorated hall with the smell of new carpet and beautiful crisp linen. As we walk in to be seated I glance around only to noticed everyone looking back at me was forty or older. We were the only young couple in that restaurant on a Saturday night. Makes sense I guess...but i didn't care, i just shrugged the stares and paid attention to the only thing that mattered. While I anxiously enjoyed the atmosphere the waiter got us started with a good ole garden salad with bread sticks. Delicious! Then we were on to our battered cheese stuffed ravioli with a spicy cream dip. I admit, it was hard to hold back. Coming here knowing with some of the best food i've ever had I would have to deny was hard to swallow. Its common by this stage of pregnancy to have very little room for food. (5 months)
I could already feel a little discomfort in my stomach. The feelings of full were coming and I had to stop eating. It felt like the food was sad that I wasn't eating it, it was that good. And of course pregnancy brings yr normal emotions to a higher concentration. I actually had to swallow the hard lump in my throat. Its pathetic, i know. But even Sean had to stop eating...so you know I couldn't have been too off base with the fact that this food was so good you'd get full before the main course!
He ordered a hot steamy pile of shredded pot roast and mashed potatoes. Reflecting on the memory now even makes me sigh and wish for some. And then came my beautiful Atlantic salmon covered in a buttery lemon sauce with the ever-so-addictive shoestring fries & side of ranch dressing. My weak descriptions couldn't even describe how good the food tasted. It was GOOD! Thats that. I actually was excited i couldn't finish it...it meant i could take it home to enjoy later. Of course, the haunting thought of dessert surfaced. I couldn't bare to come all the way here and not leave with out some dessert. Of course the other haunting thought of all of this good food not staying down scared me too. When it comes to food, its hard to determine when to halt. By the time you notice you are going to explode its too late.
Nuff bout' that...so we ordered this ice cream pie dessert which was just "Awesome" frozen in a pie dish. Yum! I've always had a thing for Ice cream cakes for my birthday...the in laws know, when its that time for my birthday its time to order an ice cream cake. They are so good to me. If you don't know already, Ice cream cakes aren't cheap...so its a real treat to be treated to. So to have a slice of ice cream pie was just a one more thing to add to my favorite dessert list. Just sad i didn't grab a picture of it. (pout)
Then after dinner we did 1 of my most favorite things to do with the Hubs. Its the only time of year he
But because I had been saving my paycheck to buy a few things I'd been stalking...I didn't hesitate buying a beautiful silver glass vase I've wanted. Then we stopped by Bath and Body works and bought alot from their 75% off section among some other stuff. We walked outta there, a smile on my face, hand in hand to the car. It was a grand birthday and I have my husband and parents to thank. I love them dearly.


1 comment:
Happy birthday to you:) I'm glad you had a fun day. I haven't been to the Landmark for FOREVER, but it's definitely one of those special occasion places.
Post a Comment