I wasn't quite sure of my surroundings as I awoke in the cold bedroom alone that morning.
Was the babe still asleep?
Where is everybody?
In attempt to understand my current situation, i rubbed my eyes and tried to gather information from each detail in the room.
"his phone is gone" from the beside of where it rests
A hazy light glowed in from west window. "what time is it? was it morning?"
then, like a landslide, the information came pouring in.
-its early valentines day morning
-he is not in the room
-the babes room is quiet
- no footsteps from the hall
-no bathroom fan humming(as always we leave it on to create white noise)
"Hmmm..." I thought. "he must have taken M out to play" "how nice"...(pause)..."now i can sleep in"
...Half hour later
a little knee in my ribcage is not my idea of being immersed from my slumber. But as usual the little critter knows the ropes In-&-out of her crib...and as usual im awoken from some minor pain in my body.(being that the bed is 12" fr the ground) elbow to the jaw- head butt-smack in the face..you know...the toddlers approach to: GOOOOOD Morning!!!!! Im Up! Play with me! routine.
So i pull my stiff body out of bed and threw something decent on.(can't go walkin' around the inlaws in my undies) when low and behold, there, down the hallway, on the kitchen counter is 8X11 note saying " Happy Valentine's Day I love you SO Much" written on crisp white paper, propped against a big red box of See's chocolates. Giddy i was, giddy. And then as i came closer a small box was behind the note. I picked it up. It was heavy. From within a pretty little silver box with the words written : love Sean. And then from within that a little black velvet bag holding inside a tiny silver chain and locket. a Locket!
" No, he didn't really get me what I actually wanted, did he?" thats crazy talk right? well with Him its always a surprise...but at least he tries...and for that it would be impolite and inconsiderate to complain. Oh it is Lovely!
a F n is what he engraved upon it. its my initials is a......er...style of order, i guess.
When I was a little girl a sweet old sister from my hometown ward gave me a little locket of my own and I loved it. But Im older now and who knows where that little locket be. I like to think of it as another opportunity to keep my dearest ones close to my heart.
and he simply added these intertwined hearts. Thoughtful. Sweet.
a F n is what he engraved upon it. its my initials is a......er...style of order, i guess.
When I was a little girl a sweet old sister from my hometown ward gave me a little locket of my own and I loved it. But Im older now and who knows where that little locket be. I like to think of it as another opportunity to keep my dearest ones close to my heart.
and he simply added these intertwined hearts. Thoughtful. Sweet.
Now Im in big trouble b/c all my two yr old wants is to look at "ring" as she calls it, then pursue to pry it open and look inside. Which does not have any photos at this time but that is a work-in-progress.
And for him you may wonder? Well he's always complaining of not having enough black socks, you know, for work. So once again TJ Maxx came through for me and I got him bouquet of black socks. Believe you and me, he was genuinly excited. It was cute. Oh and a nice DKNY tie. Seriously, its amazing how the littlest things came make a mans day.
Theres more to this tale but Im done for now. This here post was a huge step for humanity...er...me, that is.
All is Well!
2 comments:
Thanks Ashley! I love the pictures of Emery feeding the goats! So cute! The camera that I use is a canon T1i! I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!!! It is so much fun!! Thanks for commenting!
Love the locket, it's Beautiful!
Post a Comment