------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------
{ By small and simple things are great things brought to pass } 37:6
-----∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------

Sunday, October 17, 2010

First come, First serve

 Yardsales are all about..."First come, First serve".  And I love the fact that I found the object of my desire that wasn't known to me just until 5 minutes ago.Ah the truth...hahaha...you laugh because it happens to the best of us.  You walk away so happy because you were the one...the one that got there first to see it or its potential...and now you take it home! Goal!... Hole in One!.... Score!!!

Its funny because we are so caught up in the "joy" of it all that we don't fathom that the 5 minutes before your arrival someone walked off with a Gucci Purse for $4.  But see thats what is so great about yardsales...ignorance is bliss.  Ignorant of the fact that you didn't know you needed it until you saw it ~ OR~ Ignorant of the fact that someone else already came and walked off with whatever "it" was. 

And the 2nd best thing???  Negotiation is the Key to success of a "good buy/find".  Its the best feeling when the asking price was $5.00 and you talked it down to $2.00.  Its like discovering a  power that you never knew you had inside you.  I imagine it being like if you went up to the cashier in walmart and said I would like this sony player for $$$ and they countered it with "well, how about $$$" and then YOU counter with $$$ and boom, its SOLD.  Its almost a naughty feeling...like stealing, but whomever you are stealing from is okay with it.  So then i guess it doesn't make it stealing...but its that feeling of "I got a steal!". 

Well heres what it boils down to...my finale!  I am just so proud that I have to share...I am so high...I am on cloud 9!

These babies were originally $2 for the two. The yardsale was in my neighborhood and when I visited they were still unloading stuff.  I didn't see anything that I could use or needed ...however I did note the 2 jars sitting on the table but I couldn't see any use for them.  So I left. I got home, unpacked my Sprout's bags pulling out my bagged granola, sea salt, Quinoa, etc when it hit me...."I wish i had something to put these in,...some jars or something".  Oh boy, then I realized I really would like those lidded jars so that I can put my granola and such in them to store in my pantry.  So as I went back to get them it turned out there were 3 more jars added to the table.
"good things come to those who wait" rang in my head.  I was beside myself and even happier when i asked how much for all and he said $2!!! In this case, I didn't see it fit to talk down b/c the $ was already a steal. I see plastic ones like these all the time at store for $10bucks a piece.

Now bleached, washed, and dried they are ready for use.  Aren't they purrty?!

These here I got two weeks back at another yardsale just for $2!  I had been wanting an end table and another table to put into the baby's room. Man did I score or what?!?!


A Happy Me indeed!

2 comments:

Wendi and Matt said...

I love garage sales! Nice score

Jen said...

Yay! I love when you have great finds :)

translator

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

Shoppity Bop

  • Deepdiscount.com
  • Dollar Tree
  • Ebay
  • Etsy
  • Forever 21
  • JC Penney
  • Mervyn's
  • MiaBellina.com
  • Michaels
  • Rave
  • Ribbons and Lace

See how many have visited me!