I know this is rotten to do but I don't care. I look at it as remembering my adventures in House Hunting. Built in the mid 60's(which by the way i love the 60 -70's style housing) so of course when entering this house I immediatly felt compelled to own it. The house has so much character it gags you upon touring it. It was the shizzle it its time...thats what I have to keep telling myself. You may not have the creativity that I do or appreciation but I adore this house. And Yes, so there is much upgrading and Aezra Love that would need to be put into it(oh and money) but its a good house with so much potential. The past 10 years of its life it was malfunctioned and neglected so of course its it the shimmies. But what I see is its lasted this long so everything was made to last.
I'll give you a little tour...
...This is the Entry way...
(yes, there is tons of wallpaper through out the house and this is just the start of it. Solid wood door, wood flooring)
...To your left is the spacious main Room...
(two long windows, arches, glass wall, 3 awesome light fixtures)
...Another room following Entry way...
(fireplace, yellow textured wall paper, REAL wood flooring, Fan)
...I call this the "Dining Hall"...
(wood floor, 2 sliding glass doors, 3rd door, kitchen window, two entries, awesome tiffany light fixture, wall "cubbyholes", fan, exits towards backyard)
...the "vintage" Kitchen...
(rustic green counter space, solid wood cupboards, wood flooring, fan)
(love the color of the cupboards..gorgeous!, original vintage handles, SKYLIGHT)
(what an oven!?eh no bending over..a plus, mORE cupboards!)
(a counter top stove..love it! b/c cupboard space below, porcelain sink, window into dining, two ceiling fans!!!)
(love, love, love it..needs work but love it)
(west of kitchen, has separate entry door into house perhaps for guests, guest bathroom)
...Guest Bathroom...
(cute decor, i might keep the wallpaper, cast iron lamp fixture, skylight, bathtub shower)
(i think i'll keep the bathroom the way it is!)
(yes, more cupboards!!!, two bedrooms at end of hallway, mirror ahead.)
...Guest bedroom no. 1...
(wallpaper everywhere, mirrors, cool valance, big room)
...Guest bedroom no. 2...
(cute curtains, wallpaper, good size room)
...3rd bedroom...
(oops forgot this bedroom, its infront of laundry room, big, glass closet, wall paneling which i like, possible work out room)
...So if we headed back, back through the laundry room-kitchen-family room-main entry...we would be on the East side of the house...
...Hallway...
(glass cabinets straight ahead, cabinets on right, full bath, 3 bedrooms)
...Full Bath...
(tub, skylight, light fixtures, window)
...Bedroom #4...
(Valance, glass closet, good room size not cookie cutter)
...Bedroom #5...
(walk-in closet, two decor cubbyholes)
...Bedroom #6/Master...
DISCLOSER: for your eyes sake i have presented them in B/W due to the harsh color of the paper)
(His Closet-glass, big room)
(Her closet forgot to take pic but its good size, walk-in)
(Full bath but small at that :( - but plenty of cabinets for storage, great lightfixtures, tile shower, window)
(decor windows-most likely would get rid of)
(sidewalk w/ big round cement circle, great for kids to ride bikes on, would put a prettier bush in middle)
(west side alley storage area???)
(im lovin' those shutters, would love to paint them,---the front of house is so long i couldn't fit it in the picture--straight ahead is the 2nd entrance where boginvilla bush is--Awesome!)
Info:
6bed/3bath
over 2100 sq ft
12,500-15,000 lot sz!!!!!! ridiculous
all for just under $180, 000
Ridiculas!
Can I just say that I love this house!? (((Sigh))) Lots a work, NO doubt about it...but the money we'd be saving on buying it so cheap would cover the costs for slowing fixing it up. The neighborhood is family oriented all the same big lots but nicer houses. And our church building is located smack dab in the middle. Great area! I just pray , pray ,pray that we get this house..banks are desparate so hopefully that will be towards our advantage.
Like i said, i just want to look back at this and see our house hunting experience....










































6 comments:
Maybe I'm weird but I like it! Here in Utah everybody likes the exact same thing. Everything is, how do I say it, uniquely cookie cutter designed. Everything is brown, brown, brown. I love the architecture. The house has so much potential and the backyard could be beautiful with a little tender loving care. I hope you get it, and if you don't I'm sure Heavenly Father has something even better waiting for you. Good Luck!
I hope you don't think I comment on your blog too much. I think we have similar tastes though because I see so much potential in that house too! All the newer houses don't have much character to them at all. Cookie cutter pretty much. I hope if this is the right house for your family that you will get it:) Good luck!
I like it! I would have loved to see those black and white pictures in COLOR, I can handle anything. :) Good luck!
Okay this looks like a house in my in-laws neighborhood... is this house off of Gilbert and Mckellips?
K seriously, this is an AWESOME neighborhood, really strong ward and very established! The Talley's from Park Center Ward live in that same stake actually. Good luck!
That house has a ton of character, very cool!! The Spongebob pics made me laugh, though.... totally didn't fit in!
Post a Comment