------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------
{ By small and simple things are great things brought to pass } 37:6
-----∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Adapting: My slow-paced self

So we are happily moved into the MIL's house and still I feel that there is so much more to do. I just can't seem to get a grip on keeping order in this new found place we call home(for now). very few preparations were made for our arrival. I spent much time cleaning up the rooms we were to stay in the day of the move. The playroom (Em's room) was a disaster! Toys and misc junk everywhere. I dont blame Nancy, poor thing is such a busy bee keeping herself afloat. I had an hour to clean it all up, create order, and organize before the men arrived with the furniture. And a hour and 45 minutes later, thankfully, they showed up just as I was putting away the last toy. Quite Proud I was, it was a crunch. Saturday ended with a full living room of stuff and our room in disarray. It wasn't officially livable till that following Monday for crying out loud.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were all spent with a daily drive over to the abandoned place we once called home. It was strange opening the the garage door into the house a to see a barren floor and the sound of echoed footsteps. It just wasn't our home anymore. It brought a sense of feeling as though I was misplaced. Its funny how your home isn't your home unless its filled with your things and loved ones. Now it's just....a house. I never fully acknowledged the difference between the words: House - Home. House is a place of residence while a home is a place of living. Am I making any sense? I fail to bring what I mean into my words. My apologies.
Sean left me to my duties and flew to Tennessee for a Management arrangement courtesy of work(Tuesday thru friday). Nicley enough: all paid expenses, a fancy resort, short meetings, and late nights out with the higher-Ups. I honestly didn't notice much of a difference whilst he was away. Is that bad? It was just same-o same-o with just me and Emmery. I was of course kept busy at all times(excluding my wonderfully needed late afternoon cat naps) while picking up the pieces back at the house AND scraping to create some order over here. Ah, I {heart} naps....its hard to survive without them. I probably need to check my iron level again.

Now that the papers are signed, the house is clean and especially the carpets(hooray for them, sad for me) , now Im stuck with all this mess to organize. I just want to clap my hands and it would disappear.

at the least, Emmery now has a backyard to play in...I swear she has spent more time outside than inside. Can't wait for my own backyard....more importantly my own house.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad you are all out and things are going well. Wow with the lack of hair and the shirt off she looks like little Emmery the boy! What a cutie look at those RED cheeks, at least the heat isn't bothering her.

Jen said...

Good luck living w/ the in laws, you will need it:)
I had a dream last night that I told my MIL off- big time!

Ben and Trina said...

I know I been wishing for a house and yard of our own to. But ben's work is closing so we wont be buying a house anymore :( oh well what can you do.

Ben and Trina said...

Oh by the way I need your address to send you your home made stuff :) sorry its so late

translator

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

Shoppity Bop

  • Deepdiscount.com
  • Dollar Tree
  • Ebay
  • Etsy
  • Forever 21
  • JC Penney
  • Mervyn's
  • MiaBellina.com
  • Michaels
  • Rave
  • Ribbons and Lace

See how many have visited me!