------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------
{ By small and simple things are great things brought to pass } 37:6
-----∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Precedence

[[[[ VENT Time ]]]]
DOG GONE IT, I HATE DOGS. Okay maybe a little harsh...I dislike dogs. It aint hard to guess why if you knew what I have been putting up with lately. For one, I am NOT a dog person.(no offense to those who are), I just don't understand how the good things can out weight the bad things with dog owners. It does not add up in my calculator! For me and myself there aren't enough good reasons(excuses) to have a dog. One: they smell, two: they are like a child that never grows up, three: the need to own 5 dozen lint brushes ain't my idea of keeping my clothes from looking raunchy, four: can be inconveniently loud and disturbing, Five: i've got my own child(children) to clean up after, feed, etc., six...okay i'll stop there But OH don't you know it I have WAY more to say about the downs.
I know you are looking at the list and saying to yourself: it sounds like shes describing a child. But indeed I am not and you want to the know the obvious difference between a child and a dog? Two words = [Human Being].
When a dog starts to take precedence over a human being you know somethings kinked in the brain. Some common sense ain't filtering through those working creases in the brain...or maybe there is a LACK OF crease-age. Heres the story:
Its 7:40 am when my daughter is hollering at me to get her out of bed. I slug my way to the door, pick her up, head blobbing lie her on the floor and proceed to my motherly duties.(changing the diaper) Wash the hands, take her to my room, turn on the tv and let Calliou take her attention away from me so that I can gather a few more Z's.(Don't badger me about it, it happens) ... being in a foreign home, foreign bed aint my kind of cup of "restful sleep". Its now 8:40 am that I am awakened to a crinkling sound, that of a cracker bag being dug into by little hands. Thats the sign to GET-OUT-OF-BED, YOU LAZY-AND-FEED-YOUR-DAUGHTER kind of sign. But oh no, not the case, as I peep through the door way into the hallway there on the floor sat Emmery feeding Cheez-it's to the dog, Pookie. I couldn't help but grin and just sit and enjoy the moment which, by the way, is SOOOO not what I 'normally' would have done. But I was trying to be a little more laid back and less uptight about germs and such. " Just Enjoy The Precious Present Moment", ran through my mind. But enough's enough and I put an end to the moment when I noticed a bad smell. It was Emmery's diaper calling out "change me, im poopey".
I tell Em to come along and she cooperates by following me into her room and lying on the floor awaiting the change. Grab the wipes: got em- grab the diaper: got that - off with the pants: yeppers- what I say next may disturb you, turn your eyes away from the screen NOW
...Not 2 feet from Emmery's head was something yellow, grassy, mis-shapen, and stuck on to the carpet. {{{Gasped}}}, i said, "What on EARTH is THAT?!" By the door, by the bookshelf lay 7 inch turd! I was so thrown off by its appearance I still had to investigate with my eyes what it could be. I've seen Pookie's waste bits before and it didn't look similar. Then a memory SHOT into my mind: yesterday, i noticed "the dog" munching on grass...i assumed she wasn't feeling good because thats what dogs do to make themselves...you know...ralph.{{{quiver}}}
The grass! it was the giveaway. Immediately my blood started to boil, the bosom became hot, my arms started to shake a bit, my jaw clenched: oh Yeah, were talkin' ANGER being born!
I quickly finished changing the diaper, threw Emmery on my hip, marched to the phone, and made a sweet pleasant, ever so lovely phone call to the Master, the Hubs.[are you sensing my sarcasm here?] I think we can all pretty much guess that I had nothing happy to say but with great pleasure I am happy to report that I wasn't screaming. Thats a start, right? I was actually controlling my anger believe it or not. Its funny how the conversation changed, it all happened so fast...lets see if I can describe:
  • told sean my good morning news
  • addressed the situation and who would take care of it(obviously, u don't assume "I" would pick up the poo)
  • then come to an agreement( which was that the dog would remain outside for the remainder of our stay.)
  • confusion set in, apparently this was the 1st accident
  • sean understood my side (to an extent)
  • felt my demand was too high and could not make that promise
  • all back fired towards him(meaning: now I was angry at the dog AND Him.)
  • we couldn't come to a compromise
  • and then ended with a hang up(that was me)
Isn't Marriage just SO FUN!? Anyway, with so much adrenaline pumping inside of me I didn't know what to do nor where my brain was. Then I was reminded when Emmery started eating some yesterday's cereal on the floor. So I made breakfast in an ever-so-sloppy manner, fed the baby, and tapped my finger taps on the counter. "I sure as hella ain't picking up that raunchy dog turd, Sean is gonna have to do it", "why me?, why today?", "what am i to do? quarantine the room till sean gets home?", " I can't just let it get old and smelly all day", "what would Nancy think of me?", "Nancy!". That was my answer, Nancy! Nancy, Nancy, Nancy...she would side with me...afterall it is HER home and she has the same views as me about the dog.
After talking with Nancy I felt relieved and reassured that I was in the right and Sean was going to hear about it. Apparently, Nancy had made a demand that the dog remain outside whilst she is away in Utah(granddaughter was born), But Sean didn't tell me. So I've been enduring this annoying creature in a house of which Sean has no say. in all seriousness, I should have been told. And just so you know, its not Tattle-telling if you didn't know it the first place.
Im sure you've guessed by now that the dog, who has been accustomed to being inside since we've arrived, has been outside that glass door and scratching and barking to come in since morning. Shes old and subtle but hence still is capable of being annoying.
I guess I just will never understand that bond between man and dog. I can see bits and pieces from what I gather from Marley & Me but in all actuality, the cons out-weight the pros. I see it as just not worth it. And its not like Im being the bad guy here. I've tried to compromise with Sean about having a dog, on the condition that the dog stays outside. but Sean wouldn't have any of that. Its dog in house or NO dog. Fine with me, i'll stick with No dog. So I guess thats our compromise. In marriage its all about compromise...but today, that idea wasn't good enough, on either side.
Nough said...i've spoken my peace.

4 comments:

RandiSue said...

How to make the good out weigh the bad.
1 male AKC yellow lab
1 female AKC yellow lab
equals
10 AKC pups that sell for $400 a piece
equals
$4000 a year
that's what Chris and Erna did

Jen said...

I like RandiSue's comment cause that's what we are doing too.

Don't can NOT eat human food!!!!!
Atleast our dog can not, other than that she does great. We just need 10 more months until she is out of the puppy stage.

Cecia said...

Eww I totally know what you mean, I am actually a dog person, I love them, but once your a mom and have someone else to care for dogs just don't matter to me anymore. I would have freaked out just like you did. Seriously annoying. We are very similar, it was like I was reading exactly how I would react... :)

aezra noell said...

ha ha ha I am loving all of your comments. Money does sound good, but I can think of other dog-less ways to produce Mula$$$. Glad you're with me Cecia. Im not alone!:0)

translator

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

Shoppity Bop

  • Deepdiscount.com
  • Dollar Tree
  • Ebay
  • Etsy
  • Forever 21
  • JC Penney
  • Mervyn's
  • MiaBellina.com
  • Michaels
  • Rave
  • Ribbons and Lace

See how many have visited me!