(((In Theory)))
Tom grabs the last bit of cut branches to haul out through the gate and into the driveways Green can for disposal. The gate(for whatever reason)remained open, just a few inches. Tom arranged himself to the opposite side of the house and continued on. Little M being downstairs whined at the glass door to go "ouu sigh". Sweet and giving grandma opened the door out to play and then reverted back to the couch upon to rest her aching body. Little M loves to play and wander about the backyard and meanwhile noticed the dog. Dog, eager for thrill and adventure ceases the opportunity to escape past the gates and into the world of Wonder. Little M, being such a child, engulfed with curiosity, care, abundance of love, and who enjoys outside walks-decides to follow. Out the gate they went, first the dog then M. Im upstairs putting things away, throwing that away, putting a book on a shelf, and noticed a little too much peace and quite in the house. The dog can taste the freedom of the air entering into her lungs as she races down the sidewalk. The little child ever so curious steps out onto the driveway of the house, digesting her surroundings, seeks to find the black and white fuzzy creature she knows as Dog. Tom is too busy and loud to notice a child on the other end of the house whos about to embark in an unknown adventure. MIL is too busy drifting into sleep. And Im too alert with the words in my head "Where's M?".
I checked her bedroom, sometimes i find her quietly playing in her closet full of toys. No shes not there. Meanwhile the little Misses sees the next door neighbor's gravel front yard and begins to play with rocks. Tom still busy organizing with dirt and trimmings. MIL is suddenly awoken by my hollering for the child. I check my room, sometimes I'll catch her perched in front of the tv watching cartoons, nope not there either. I walk out calling for her again thinking see's probably just playing downstairs when I met Nancy atop the stairs.
"Have you seen M?" said I.
"Yes, she came downstairs and I let her outside" she replied.
" oh okay, i just wanted to make sure. But I usually don't let her out when I know Tom is here cause he can leave the gate open, sometimes." I responded
"Oh then in that case, I'll go check the gate, see if its closed." said Nancy.
I headed upstairs in no hurry thinking nothing of the sort, just that M would be outside just playing. Nancy is checking on her. As I open the fridge to grab something to eat I hear loud banging on the sliding door and her calling "Ashley!" . OH i must have locked the top glass door and she wants in, i thought. As I hop over to let her in urgently she tells me "Ashley, the gate is open!"
Acknowledged, I quickly let her in and booked it-down the stairs to the front, flew open the door, startling Tom and bursted outside hollering "M !!!" My eyes quickly looking, searching for her, i jogged towards the corner of the house, halted, called out, and glanced over. There down upon the far end of the driveway, behind the car, is my little girl...standing with only a shirt and diaper on holding a rock, looking at me. Relief washed over me as I ran to her, threw her on me and held her close cradling her little head to my neck. Heart racing, SO thankful, I held her tight. This had all occurred in minutes and even so is just enough time for something to go wrong.
Thankfully I listen to my heart and mind, attentive as a mother should be, and was blessed with a tender mercy. Most would Thank God, throw this over there shoulder, and go on like nothing ever happened. But not me, I noticed and analyze every bit. Understand the seriousness and just add another blessing to my endless list. I am just soooooooooooooooo thankful that of all the horrible things that COULD HAVE happen, Didn't. No child of mine was lost today, kidnapped today,or died today.
All is well and I owe my Life to Him Forever.

4 comments:
What a writer you are- serious! You totally had my attention.
I'm glad Em is ok- Talk about a wake up call.
I totally feel what you're feeling, that same thing happened to me just today. I was so afraid, I couldn't find my Faith. I swear she had gone outside. So I searched around the whole house, I couldn't find her, to my utter relief I found her a little later. She had gone into the neighbors house because they had left the door open and she had heard a baby crying. Thank God that I knew this neighbor well and that they were good people. I don't even want to imagine what could have happened if they were not good people. I am so thankful for God's tender mercies as well.
That is SO scary! I'm glad she was ok and hadn't gone too far away from your house. I think all mothers have lost track of their child at some time and know that sick to your stomach feeling when you don't know where they are. That is definitely the WORST feeling.
This is definatley scary! I have a friend who this happened to except the lawn people left the pool fence open....and yup you guessed it, he little one got in and nearly drowned. Luckily this was a happy ending, but most definitely a mothers worst nightmare. I can't even imagine what was going through your mind. Thank goodness Emery was ok!
Post a Comment