The weekend started out like any other...get up with Emmery while the hubby slept in. As I made breakfast I was trying to think of something I could get him that day. I know he like candy of course so chocolates seemed like a good choice. So off we went to the Mall to pick up his favorite See's Candy. Truffles and Pecan buds, butterscotch and brittle....yummmm...all so good...but Hub's favorite Hands down, is the Peanut butter patties. So I got a one pound with half the box filled with Peanut butter patties, along with Peanut brittle and almond buds. I was quite disappointed because they were all out of the Pecan buds aka Turtles as they call em'. Wrapped with red paper and ready to go I headed back home. I arrived to a kiss on the lips and off he went to get his hair cut. Now time seemed especially slow...or maybe it was because he was actually gone for over and hour. I began to worry considering that he's usually back in 45 minutes. Oh well, so I started to get myself ready: i started curling my hair and painting my nails. I heard the garage door shut; he was home. But then 10 minutes had gone by and still no Hub to greet me upstairs. Curious as I was, I went down stairs where a beautiful bouquet of roses(and card)
was there to greet my eager eyes. I was so excited that he remembered what kind I like: peachy-pink and yellow colored.
Red is pretty but predicable. Pink is nice too. But today he could do no wrong. I was going to make this a 'complaint free' day...remembering to tell myself..."just enjoy it and be thankful."
Anywho, Kelly and JC are this fun couple from our old ward whom we love to hang out with. Mostly over at there place b/c if we switched its likely they wouldn't come here. :0) They like their environment and the convenience of their home. Which I don't blame them...but we don't mind at all. So it was planned that we would all go out together last minute to Logan's. It was nice visiting with them. After dinner Sean and I didn't know what to do with ourselves being childless...so Kelly invited us to come over to their place play some games. So we did. It was short but sweet.
Then off to Burlington to do some shopping:0) and while we were there we saw a great deal on a table just fitting for a entertainment unit. We bought a huge 36 in TV for $50 but didn't have anything "sturdy" to put it on. 80$ bucks later we had one in the car ready to go home.
We have an awesome babysitter and we are so grateful that we were able to have the funds for this Valentines Date. I love you babe, you make me the "Luckiest" :0)
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys had an awesome Valentines Day.
The only thing I don't like about "Logan's.." is that they just do regular better & not the cinnamon sugar kind:(
Beautiful flowers! You're right! Those are the prettiest color of roses! I am planning on planting those roses in our backyard! Glad you had a wonderful love day!
Post a Comment