About two weeks ago Emmery was given a plant from nursery. I asked how often I should water it and the lady had no idea. Can't recall what kind of plant she said it to be. But I found myself starring at that plant as I washed my hands at the kitchen sink daily. And thought ya know I probably should water that pile of dirt and see what sprouts. Only one way to find out what kind it is right? So everyday since I have grabbed that pot and poured a little city water into it. For the first time, yesterday, I went to grab the pot and noticed something peeking! Sure enough it was the tiny plant under the dirt. Just a little green and white stub. I was so delighted that I watered it again until it felt damp.
Today was fun...I was going about my doings and looked over at the pot while washing my hands and thought "oh, i should water that". As I am dripping water from the tap I noticed it looked taller today. It grew at least a centimeter! And sure enough it grew some leaves too! Yay! I am so happy for that little plant.
I can't help but relate it to the scriptures. I mean c'mon...if you read your scriptures everyday sure enough something sprouts inside of you or grows a little more every time you "water" it. And it makes you feel all good and nourished inside doesn't it? I have to ask myself...
" Did you water today?"
1 comment:
Go ashley!
Post a Comment