Today was the hubby's big day. He went in for surgery @ 6am this morning. Doc said it would take 2 hours for the procedure. Thankful again to my lifesaving MIL who so willingly offered to take him in so that Emmery and I could come upon his awakening. Emmery awoke around 9:30 am and we were off to see daddy. The waiting room, keep in mind an energetic 19month old, was undeniably a calorie burning experience. Any mother would know how exhausting it can be to keep one entertained while baring the mad-dashes into the parking lot and into patients rooms. Lost count of how many "Im sorry" 's were said during the 2hr wait.
(whew, lemme catch my breath) Thinking about it is exhausting. The
month ago fall began to resonate pain through out my mid back on through my rib cage. I almost wanted to check myself in for some kinda surgery to get rid of this nagging ache I get in my back.( I know, I need to see a doctor)
Anywho, enough about myself...yes..it was a rough day..but non-the-less over with and everything is great. Mr. Man is in recovery and will be there till tomorrow morning when I pick him up. As far as I know, the surgery went smooth. ( I would have known if ONLY "
the marathon runner" would have stayed put in that waiting room...I could have talked with the surgeon myself.)
I am so thankful to everyone who kept him/or us in their minds, hearts and prayers. Now I pray for his full recovery and that there be no future ailment from this. A fresh start is due. Of course his fresh start comes with a signed 4-6 week contract. Meaning =
NO sports, NO activity(get my drift), NO lifting...nada...nothin'. So we'll see how brave he really is...we'll see hubby's "true" side. A man can only last so long without
D. All of the above:0)


I must give some praise to my daughter...she did do very well with all the lugging in and out of the car all day. Not used to such a routine. Good Girl! Of course I treated her with a Rice crispie! Yum!

At the end of the day we said good-night to daddy.

We even got to read with daddy....sweet daddy with all those wires and needles and beeping noises attached to him. But Emmery didn't mind...I think the pictures prove it.
6 comments:
Hey, great, I'm glad everything went well! Tell him to give me a call if some lifting needs to be done. :)
Ash,
I'm so glad that the surgery went well. Mom called me the day of to tell me how it went. I love the picture of Emmery sitting on the bed with daddy with her propping up her chin.
I'm glad everything went well. The pictures of the two of them are adorable:)
I'm glad everything went well! Good luck keeping him from doing anything. That might be more trouble than the running 18 month old.
But you're superwoman, you can do this!
I didn't even know that he was getting surgery! Shows had bad of a visiting teacher I am! I love the picture of Sean reading a book to Emmery! So precious! I am glad that he is doing okay. Let me know if I can do anything to help you guys!
Those pictures are so sweet. I bet Sean appreciated that visit. Hope he's well on his way to recovery.
Post a Comment