...i love this word for this week...its so worthy and professional in a way. I am reminded of the sad topic of "gossip". I admit I haven't been perfect and can recall times that I've gossiped. For some time now I have been making a conscious effort to refrain from "spending" information of others. And To also look at the big picture, step back, and to see the other side of the fence. I (try to) do this all the time with my second family. Sean and I talk about the current what-not's and I feel a little bit better about how I've guided my thoughts and mind. Im not narrowing to "deep" subjects but just all around subjects and how I conduct my thinking. I mention this because I've found that through this "anxiety" process I continue to fight daily, its opened my eyes, enlighten me about ME and Who I Am or what I Am Becoming. Its opened my eyes about how I process situations, anything. And I think(sometimes) that this anxiety has been a blessing in my life. Another life's lesson. Take charge of yourself Ashley. To Act and not Re-act. I think its made me realize it all boils down to control. Who's in control here?
Satan or me?
*just an example: "Ugh, how dare Sister so-in-so look at me that way! Who does she think she is?" Who is in control here?...Satan or me? Am I going to allow myself to fester over and over about some stupid look that could have been meant but really what if it wasn't meant. What if I MISCONSTRUED it to be something its really NOT? What if i let it FESTER into something that(if you look at the bigger picture here), is not a big Deal?
We are all here for a Purpose. Does this situation help me get to where I want to be OR does it keep me farther from my destination? Do I let if Fester or do I let it roll off my shoulders?
Two sentences for me to recall in times of need. (and you can use them if you like)
1. Who is in Control here?
2. What is the Bigger picture?
From the words of Forrest Gump: "thats all I have to say about that."
1 comment:
This I can relate to. I've been thinking the same thing. I'm I the one in control or not? I have to stop and meditate on it a lot. Usually I don't get a lot of time to meditate it's like a couple of seconds because I have two little girls that need attention. But sometimes it's nice to take a couple of seconds and meditate on your decisions so you don't make the wrong one.
Post a Comment