------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------
{ By small and simple things are great things brought to pass } 37:6
-----∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Mama sGotta have skills

A while back...like over 3 years I was reminded of my mothers jean quilt. And how hen we went on picnics or camping trips whatever it was ...it was there with us. Well it was about the time I was getting married that I approached my mother and asked her if she would teach me how to make a jean quilt. Well these things take time of course and supply built up(such as the jeans). Im ashamed to admit I didn't help out much with the input of the jeans part( i think i gave her two measly pairs of jeans) poor mother supplied the rest. But it has been years now and my mother has cut and sewed all the jean squares together for me...because sad to say I have not developed the skill to be "patient" with the sewing machine...let alone the skill to use it to its fullest. Grrr...so anywho. I would have loved to help with it myself but with work, a child born, me a new mother, the 48 minute drive to Laveen, and on top of balancing life and a different income...it became VERY difficult to get out there to help. And I am VERY very humbly thankful to you mom for all your blood, sweat, and tears to get it together this far. Thank you! Ah,..now....it is all starting to come together and I get the One car we have now more than once a week. I think we are itching that much closer to the finish line. Sweet mother came out to my house to get with me the material...which by the way is Gloriously Olive Green with vegetation and flowers. Okay so I can't describe it very well but what matters is I LOVE IT! And now the blessed event is taking place!!!!!! The merging of the Jeans and material....here are just some glimpses of the Fruits of our Labor.
Took two hours tryin to just set it up right then to stretch and pin it hurt.
This is it underneath and Im sorry you can't see the beautiful color it is but its coming, its comin'. Me pinning. Now the next step(tomorrow's work) is to tie it with this perfect shade of green to match my perfect quilt. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Thanks Mama for all your hard work!!! Love you.! P.S. Michelle, thanks for allowing us to use your house in the mean time...don't you worry it'll be gone soon.

No comments:

translator

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

Shoppity Bop

  • Deepdiscount.com
  • Dollar Tree
  • Ebay
  • Etsy
  • Forever 21
  • JC Penney
  • Mervyn's
  • MiaBellina.com
  • Michaels
  • Rave
  • Ribbons and Lace

See how many have visited me!