Oh yes indeedy...Tuesday marked the day of my first ever hockey game. I know, I know call me bland and deprived but hey...im sure there are a few things I've one up'd on you. Have you ever had Octopus? Ah ha! thats what I thought. :0) he he.
Well Sean received 4 tickets from a work buddy and so he called me up and said we're going to a Coyote hockey game. I was a little unsure but found myself saying I should go since i've never been...and besides a date night is needed. So we hopped in a car with Jordan and his wife and drove clear over to Glendale.
We had an easy-going dinner at Johnny Rockets(i had a salad, blah, never again). Too bad no picture. It was full there but we had time to spare so there we were eating burgers and fries when all of a sudden the place became empty. My eyes peeked down at my watch...its 7:05...oh well, guess we'll be a little late. Paid the bill and walked hand-in-hand in the cold nippy air towards Jobing.com Stadium. Dumb name I know but all is well. They have these huge GiNorMAS movie screens outside the surrounding the entrance. Kinda made me feel shrunken like little ants exploring the picnic box. Really, I tried to keep focused on my feet as we walked to the ticket man.
Once inside I was kinda surprised. I had expected it to be cold. But really outside was colder(maybe the wind was a factor). Of course I used my brain this time while getting dressed...one jacket, over one sweater, over one shirt, over one cami with one pair of jeans over my black leggins. I would have used long johns if I had them..but heckers I live in Arizona...not really a necessity here.
Feeling quite comfortable we took a walk around and up to the top. This place reminded me of my first date with Sean. We went to a Diamond Backs game. Food courts, chilie fries, pizza, Churros...ummmm, yum...churros, hockey shirts and hats, ppl whizzing past and ppl to slow. We waited atop for the go-ahead and then headed down the long, steep, ever-so-tiny steps down to our seats. I was so concentrated on walking down to make sure my heel didn't catch on the end of a step and go tumbling down to then fly of the balcony. Of course this vision kept going through my head.
Sat down and took a look about. Anxiety couldn't contain itself any longer. I felt my heart start to race as I realized how steep these seats were...I began to worry i might fall forward and fall off onto the ppl down below. The whole scene weirded me out...it took me some time to let my eyes adjust to the abnormal conditions I was in. Cold air on my cheeks, the teeny hockey ppl racing back and forth, and then there was that puck. Now a good 15 minutes past and I was so glued to that hockey puck dingin' around like a silver ball in a slot machine that I had forgotten my body symptoms and I found myself enjoying the show. I felt like a kitten eyeing a red laser around the room. I just couldn't take my attention off of it. It was pretty funny watching those men smashing ea. other against the plastic wall to get that darn black thing. Puck went flying, hockey sticks were braking, a fight broke out...whew....it was all quite the show. And during the slow times the display screen would have quizzes and fun little games for the audiences to participate.
Yeah, I'd say it was a good first. Not sure if its worth 20bucks a seat, i'd rather be at a baseball game. But it was fun while it lasted.
1 comment:
I have been to one hockey game. It was years ago for a date.
I don't think i would ever do it again unless it was free.
Post a Comment