------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------
{ By small and simple things are great things brought to pass } 37:6
-----∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A bit uneasy

Okay, so perhaps I've gone mad.

But this is serious here ladies(and gents). I seriously just bought a high priced item I've been ferociously saving for. I haven't bought a piece of clothing that cost so much since my days of buying Lucky Brand Jeans! I mean, its JUST an article of clothing! Is there really ANY good explanation for buying something so expensive?!?!? For no Rhyme or reason other than "you're crazy" and can't stop thinking about it. Please, I need some validation!
Have any of you bought something so expensive(to each one's definition their own) for yourself? What was it? What was your reason?
post post* I'll fill you in on some details when it gets here.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Lets see... That last time I truly brought something for myself, that was truly only for me. Hum? Prob some good shampoo & conditioning balm a few months ago. My reasoning was, my hair truly needed some repair, so it was worth the splurge.(of $30:)

But as for clothing and accessories- ha ha, before i was married:)


Can't wait to see what you bought, so i can drool.

The Quilters said...

It's been a while for me because when you get married you sacrifice yourself for everyone else. So me and my husband gave ourselves an allowance that we must earn, we don't get it unless we do what we're suppose to. It's not very much a month but it does help. Because then I save it and when I want something I buy it, and I don't have to feel guilty, cause seriously I feel guilty for getting myself anything even necessary things. And that's not healthy, so we've decided to do it this way because then there's no guilt. I think the last thing I bought and saved up for was Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman series. I know ha, ha, ha. I might be a nerd but at least I know it.

Callie Thurell said...

I love buying myself stuff. (most expensive thing clothing wise - my jeans cost between 80 and 100 dollars. And I have several pairs)Granted I am single so I don't have the worry of feeding a family. But your validation is that you saved up for this item so it wasn't a spur of the moment spending spree. You spent time thinking about it and still wanted it. I think that is validation enough. Enjoy your purchase!

Erna said...

Mine is jeans. When I was pregnant with Elle I told Chris that I was going to lose my "baby weight" and get a "nice" pair of jeans. I have bought 2 pair in the last 3 years. They were and are totally worth it. It's like not even wearing jeans they are so comfortable and flattering too.

Chris and I too give ourselves a budget. Once it's gone it's gone, no more guilty shopping. It works very well for us.

The Ferrins said...

The last expensive thing I bought for myself was...hmm I can't remember but I did convince Cameron to buy me my coach purse from the outlet in July (my birthday wasn't till august) :)
BTW- What's the scoop on the house near my in-laws....

translator

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

Shoppity Bop

  • Deepdiscount.com
  • Dollar Tree
  • Ebay
  • Etsy
  • Forever 21
  • JC Penney
  • Mervyn's
  • MiaBellina.com
  • Michaels
  • Rave
  • Ribbons and Lace

See how many have visited me!