Man oh man last night was crzy! A normal night, I had just put Em down for bed like 8:30 and shortly I heard hail on our roof. I ran down stairs and outside it was raining....like where did the clouds come from? Oh well, it was cool to watch right?!! NO! You're wrong (lol) b/c I thought the same thing too(cool to watch) so I got the camera and took pictures b/c I couldn't believe the down pour.
Then outta no where the wind picks up like the heavens turned on the switch to a Large fan and I was being PUSHED...pushed i say...(so strong the puddles on the ground sprayed up,me wet) so my natural instinct was to shield myself by hiding behind a column of our porch. It started howling, the tree next to me swayed backwards, the stop sign across the street was flapping back and forth rapidly...like those Brazilian drum toys(flipping back and forth when you rub your hands together) you know what im talkin about right?
I was scared i started to whine out loud while clenching to my camera to keep from getting soaked..my efforts were useless. This all happened in 5 secs thats when Sean came out b/c he heard the wind and knew I was outside and there he saw me huddling against the column, wailing. You know how babies gasp when you blow in their faces...yeah thats what I was doing...the rain whipped around into my face from every direction, i couldn't think to run into the house. I was in a freakin hurricane wind and rain.
Sean shouts at me and reached for me to come to him in the house. I half bolted/half slipped my
way to the door. Here are the photos i captured.
way to the door. Here are the photos i captured.
These are before(shots taken in fast motion)
And these are after...the river in the street was flowing and the puddle is from me dripping .
Excuse my eyes, they were still alittle stingy from the rain hitting them. And to think I just went outside for 3 mins and got soaked in 10 seconds.
Poor Sean was trying to put cups under our window b/c water was dripping in, AGAIN.
What an experience for me...I got my first taste of a storm chaser. :-)


1 comment:
Hey Ashley! Your blog is cute! Isn't blogging such a fun way to keep in touch with people?? Emmery is so dang cute! I loved that she cuddled up to me the other day!
Post a Comment