------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------
{ By small and simple things are great things brought to pass } 37:6
-----∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------

Friday, December 19, 2008

Bliss, wrapping paper, and tradition

Well its been 4 days since my fall and I still don't feel much different. The drugs really help, Sean thinks I am going to become an addict. I wouldn't be surprised. Last night I was brave & tried to drive to Sprouts...OH Man...what a mistake. It hurts so bad trying to steer that wheel left or right. I am such and old maid...at least that is how I feel. And I don't know what it is but there is this awful pain in my back like a shard of glass is poking at my pipe...the one that goes to my stomach. Ya know the feeling when you swallow a chip whole and you can feel that chip slowly scratching its way down...well, thats what it feels like that but its stuck. Oh I love the drugs though..wait did I mention that already? I love em! Its like an induced relaxation. I feel like I am wrapped up in a blanket of joy. I definitely prefer Percocet over Vicodin. Sorry, i just so happen to be on drugs right now so I can't help but talk about it. Well I am so excited today because not only am I drugged but Sean, Emmery, and I are going to do all the rest of our Christmas shopping TODAY! I have been dying to wrap presents...I just love it because I get to explore ways to beautify my presents with ribbon and string and bows. However I am still needing to dress up the presents...i am lacking supplies. I've been like this since I've been married. And that delightful store called Costco had this big selection of ribbon for 5 Dollars!!!!!!!! This gi-gan-tor-nu-mas rolll...oh wait thats not a word. Ha ha...its funny to be in my condition b/c these past few days i've been creating words like "sminks" = smell and stinks put together...oh and "quack-tastic"...um...yeah, far out I know. But I think I kind like the words...I would have never known those were in me. Back to what I was saying ...I just wanted to show you how adorable my wrapping paper and stuff was...this is just for my documentation. Each year since marriage I guess I've unknowingly come up with my own tradition. Well its small and simple but I like it. I come up with color themes for that year. My first year of marriage was Red and Gold...and so I wore red and gold and wrapped all my presents and decorated with red and gold. Last year, I was into blue ice and silver...I wore and decorated accordingly. Can you guess the colors for this year? Thats right, its like a baby blue or aqua color and red. See here is my wonderful wrapping paper. The ornament I bought just so happens to be the perfect color too! Oh and Martha, way back when, suggested to wrap in brown packaging paper and then dress it up with some pretty bows and ribbons. So thats exactly what I am going to do this year...besides...the brown paper is cheap and I get alot more of it for my money. I'll be happy to show the pictures of them later. And Sean has had a tradition of his own for quite some time now. I tease Sean all the time about how he leaves his ring home so he can have a "Single" day....I send him text messages or email or call him asking him..." so, today you felt like being single huh?" Its kinda depressing sometimes...but I know him and I know he doesn't do it on purpose. So there it sits...waiting his arrival...and so do I.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I like your new template layout- I can read it better.

I left my ring at home one time & i about died all day long cause i couldn't remember exactly where i left it. Luckily it was where i had left it when i returned home again.

the little Vinings ; ) said...

Wow you spend a lot of time making a gift look nice. I don't really care to do that, I wish I did, but I don't... I figure it is going in the trash bag after it is unwrapped, so why waste the time and energy... but I can very much appreciate the time and energy that goes into it. They look amazing. I do take the time to coordinate my colors and papers though.

translator

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

Shoppity Bop

  • Deepdiscount.com
  • Dollar Tree
  • Ebay
  • Etsy
  • Forever 21
  • JC Penney
  • Mervyn's
  • MiaBellina.com
  • Michaels
  • Rave
  • Ribbons and Lace

See how many have visited me!