Ugh...I just have to get this off my chest...
It's Merry Christmas
....NOT......
Happy holidays.
okay well its not so bad but still i dislike when employers an such say you have to say "happy holidays". I understand there are many holidays to be celebrated but lemme ask you...where are they all branched from? of course, Christ's birth, and then ppl created their own traditions-stories-etc off of it or what not. So why should I be politically correct?
Pfff...PC crap......I am so sick of the 14% of the U.S. that don't agree with the pledge of allegiance and I can't tolerate being "politically correct" about Christmas either.
That how its been from the beginning and thats how its gonna end.
Its Merry Christmas and Im sticking wit it! Agree to Disagree! ahhh.....much better. Sry if I ruffle some feathers but this is my belief and I stand firm beside it.
2 comments:
I made my header w/ Happy Holidays and after realized what i had done, but haven't put effort into changing it- which i need to do. I agree it all about Christ during the holidays:)
I agree with you about Merry Christmas and that it is a Christ centered holiday and that he is the reason for the season... but that isn't the holiday right now, that is where the Happy Holidays comes in... you also have New Year's lumped in, plus those who are of african decent celebrate Kwanza, and those who are Jewish celebrate Chanukah, plus those who are Pagen celebrate Winter Solstice, lastly some recognize St. Nicholas (aka, original Santa)by placing shoes outside their doors on Dec 6th and in the morning if they were good hope to have candy in them, and for those who were bad get coal! So all of these get lumped into the Happy Holidays saying... I really don't think it is to offend or off set Christmas... but there are just so many who celebrate multiple holidays in one short month's time that's where the saying has origniated.
I know that you probably don't care about all that, but I know that my Aunt celebrates them all, even though she isn't any of these faiths... she just likes to celebrate anything! We recognize winter solstice, St. Nich day, New Years, and Christmas... so I hope that all my holidays are happy, and that my Christmas is merry! Whatever people may say the reason for the saying is, I don't think it originated from a PC standpoint, I do think it is from the lumping of at least Christmas and New Years together as a multiple holidays thing... I hope that this might make you feel better about the saying, or at least less agressive towards it!
Post a Comment