------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------
{ By small and simple things are great things brought to pass } 37:6
-----∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Not me!

In the early morning hours of the day after Thanksgiving, many people hustle and bustle to get the desired deals for their Christmas presents. They wait and wait and wait in lines that stretch far into a big circle around the store. All because they want a great item for a great price. Nope, not me. It is 7:30am, as I grace the aisles of the toddler section and the toy section, I find it peculiar what the big deal is as I see the joyful 2 hour wait to purchase. It didn't click,until later, that the line of ppl in front was still the same line of ppl in back. "Oh Dear!", I thought. As I look down at my hands holding the desired item to buy I contemplated whether or not 2 hours waiting was worth such a measly item. Nope, was my conclusion, and it didn't take me long to decide. Thankful to my BIL(brother in law)Brent's idea, I quickly found a desired place where no one would notice. I thought "where in this store would nobody be?" Sadly, the work out aisle was the closest place I could think of best for hiding things. No one cares about their health...lets go there. I found the aisle of desired choice and noticed a nice big box with work out equipment in it. Surely nobody would be buying this big thing so I looked around to see if anybody would notice...coast is clear...and I quickly shove behind the box my precious items...that weren't precious enough to wait two hours for. hahaha. The words like "clever" and "sneaky" and "smart" ran through my head as a giddy blond walked out the store empty handed...but not for long. Where's the "Dumb" in Dumb Blond now!... I thought to myself.....No where to be found, I agreed. Muwah Ha Ha ha ha ha I laughed in my head like Dr. Evil did in Austin Powers.

So I went about my business...On to the next card swipper spot! JC Penny's here I come, well more like the Mall. I found some great things after careful searching and debating to wait only 5 minutes and be out the door driving home. After spending time with Sean and Emmery it was time to head out again to see if my plan had worked. Did anybody find my stash??? Is is gone??? Would my plan really work?

It was 11:15 when I arrived and hurried inside. First thing I notice were the lines...they had completely vanished...hooray! There in the work out aisle behind the box, I felt with my fingers the items still there just waiting for me to come back to take them home. Such excitement filled my bosom while clutching to the items I secretively hid. I tried to pace myself walking towards the check out line, really I did, but I was just too excited so speed walking settled second-Best. It felt as if everyone was looking at me, as if they were wondering how did she have that when it was clearly sold out. ( Yes, I did check, all of them were gone...nothing but an empty shelf) I was almost afraid someone would point at me and shout out loud "Cheater!".

I securely fastened myself in a one person line and set my items on the belt. What a joke, I thought staring at them, who would have waited two hours to buy those? Not me! he he! When my thoughts were interrupted with a "Mam?,...your method of Payment?".

Swipe. Smile. Champion.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You are a brave woman!

Loric said...

I pulled one of those myself. Feels good to beat the system, doesn't it? :)

translator

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

Shoppity Bop

  • Deepdiscount.com
  • Dollar Tree
  • Ebay
  • Etsy
  • Forever 21
  • JC Penney
  • Mervyn's
  • MiaBellina.com
  • Michaels
  • Rave
  • Ribbons and Lace

See how many have visited me!