------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------
{ By small and simple things are great things brought to pass } 37:6
-----∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Tender Mercies
I thank Heavenly Father as often as I can remember for the tender mercies he blesses our family with every day. All the terrible events that would follow if the dice were to roll the other way are all just a miracle that it didn't. Just now, I thanked my Heavenly Father for the MAJOR blessing that happened just a few minutes ago. I felt the urge to share with all of you.
The clock was striking the hour of "Nap time" as I hurried to get my crying child her bottle ready. As you may know she is teething and so the snot comes pouring down just as the 2nd tear begins to fall. My hand quickly reached for the tissues which to my disappointment my hands could grab nothing...the box was empty. A mother panics as she knows any child would smear and rub all that disgust into their face and eyes if she doesn't find something to wipe it with fast. I noticed her outdated, worn, small jacket that I had used the day before to wipe the food off her face with. Lying on the counter, within reach, I quickly grab it when then something falls but Im too busy to notice in the darkness of my kitchen what it was that fell on Emmery's head as I wipe the disgust off . It falls to the floor and so of course as quickly as the brain can transfer the information of the pain coming from the object that made contact with the head...Emm starts to cry more.
As I am picking her up to comfort her I look down at the floor to see what it was that had fallen on her head. And to my horror, as a mother, as a being of Protection, a Shelterer I see the black handle of a sharp kitchen knife lying there on the floor of my kitchen. I panic and quickly..No....frantically search my daughter's head for a stab injury, a cut, dripping blood...something to identify that the sharp edge had made any kind of contact. And to my relief, all my mounting grief, worry, panic, guilt, etc began to subside as I could NOT find any harm to my sweet daughters head. The knife that got dragged with the jacket had fallen, handle first, onto my daughter's head. IT WAS A MIRACLE! A tender mercy from my gracious Lord in heaven that that knife did not stick into my sweet little Emmery's head. All of the events that would have occurred[ panic, call 911, call sean, keep Emmery calm along with myself let alone alive,....] do you see where all of this could have gone if the Lord had not stepped in???
Let this be a realization to you as cold water to the face. Thank the Lord, often, for the tender mercies in your life. We may see them as mere luck or coincidence but, OH NO my friends these are blessings from our Father above. Remember that!
Please, if you or anybody else you know that might not have read this talk, share this...read this...even if you have already...let it bare testimony again of our wonderful loving Father in heaven. The talk I am referring to is by Elder Bednar of the 12 apostles. Click HERE to read this wonderful talk on Tender Mercies. You wont regret it. :0)
luvs to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Missed a post???click here
-
▼
2008
(182)
-
▼
November
(26)
- Not me!
- Turkey, stuffing, family, Lovely
- Giving Thanks
- Falling in Fall
- It happened again
- The Moon is COMING!
- I love clothes
- Crafts n' such
- Question for ya...
- Tender Mercies
- I heart Twilight!
- Laws of Change
- Im so excited!
- An Explanation
- The day is drawing near
- New Blog!
- Sleepless nights
- I can feel the beat
- Spice up my salad, my favorite
- If I were superstitious...
- Funny Cartoon
- I did it!
- Come What May
- Seeds en' all! My Favorite
- Is child labor wrong?
- Hallow-screeeeem!
-
▼
November
(26)
translator
We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer
Shoppity Bop
- Deepdiscount.com
- Dollar Tree
- Ebay
- Etsy
- Forever 21
- JC Penney
- Mervyn's
- MiaBellina.com
- Michaels
- Rave
- Ribbons and Lace
No comments:
Post a Comment