------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------
{ By small and simple things are great things brought to pass } 37:6
-----∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞------------∞@∞--------∞@∞-------

Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey, stuffing, family, Lovely

The day started out wonderful with Mr. F sleeping in while Emmery and I sprang on the bed to wake up the sleepy head. Window left open for us to smell the cold wet air breezing through the blinds. But soon all was warm and cozy as Emm and I snuggled under the covers next to daddy. Which, if you didn't know, before he was reincarnated he was a furnace. (deciding what to do)
Emmery and I watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade on CBS early morning. A tradition my mom set into motion while I was growing up and now is permanently embedded in me. I must carry it on! We got dressed as quick as we could and rushed over to Grandma's house to help prepare the dinner. It was a small gathering of which none of us are used to. With Serena and family gone from us, taking 5 bodies to Utah, it makes a big missing piece of pie gone from our family. Just one kid now and thats our little Emmery. But with Thanksgiving dinner set and on the table it helps us to remember who we still have near us and no matter the distance we are still loved. If only we had the technology of the "Transport" from Star Trek..the next generation. How convenient and fast that would be. If only, if only.
(Brother Shaun and me)
(Cousin Ryan and Emmery)
Nancy's(MIL) turkey was delicious...I have to give it the 1st place blue ribbon for Best tasting, Best moist, Best yummy-ness turkey I've had. I thought I was eating chicken it was so moist and flavored. But In my opinion, no one can top my mom's pumpkin pie and Yams. She is a women who can put all the other crusts to shame. I have to proudly admit, while I was driving us home from my parents' that evening, Sean(who doesn't eat pie) proudly told me he not only had my mom's pumpkin pie but had TWO pieces of my mom's pie. Yay, I may see a conversion here in the future. Sean is spoiled b/c his family buys him a cheesecake just for him every Thanksgiving.
(Mother and Daughter)
(My family's dinner)Dad, mom, Lori, Tanner, Julie, & cheesy Brent)
Well being that Sean and I have families here we both find ways to split the holidays with them. So 'round 4pm we took off to my parents to enjoy the rest of the evening: talking, watching sports, eating delicious pie, borrowing shopping ads, dodging kids, and indulging ourselves with the love hanging in the atmosphere. I am grateful for my family. I love them so much and would be broken inside if I ever moved. I am grateful for the feelings that family creates...Love, harmony, security, compassion,...of course I'm only naming the good ones so we'll keep it that way. Thank you Heavenly father for bringing me into this family...even if I was behind. And my in-law family too...such wonderful ppl. Hope you enjoyed the photos.

(Lori, my sister, and Me)

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving.

the little Vinings ; ) said...

It was a good day! But how come you didn't tell me you were taking a pic, I look mad and prego! Gross pic of me!

Loric said...

Ahhhhh. Nice write-up. I enjoyed the pictures.

translator

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

We shall build upon the rock of our Redeemer

Shoppity Bop

  • Deepdiscount.com
  • Dollar Tree
  • Ebay
  • Etsy
  • Forever 21
  • JC Penney
  • Mervyn's
  • MiaBellina.com
  • Michaels
  • Rave
  • Ribbons and Lace

See how many have visited me!