I couldn't help but feel a little down on myself this year for not instilling traditions or meanings of Easter. I want to but I guess I just got lazy or busy...either or. Its becoming more apparent everyday the need to teach, teach routines, teach (good) habits, be a good example and maintaining Consistency.(i think of Jo Jo aka Super Nanny when i hear consistency.) Anywho, I guess now I have a whole year to think about what kinda things I want to make a foundation in my families future traditions. What kinda things do I want my children to have in their memories and carry on through their lives.
Well I did try with the decorating of easter eggs...emphasis on "try". Emmery Bemery didn't seem to care. However i think maybe next time we'll do them outside...bring on the mess! good idea right?!
On to our Easter Sunday....
I prepared Emmery through out the week for Nursery on Sunday. I didn't want to have to be called out of class anymore. During the week I talked about nursery and how she would be a good girl for me, sang the songs they sing in Tune Time. Even all Sunday morning I talked about it. At church while walking up to the Nursery door she stops walking, falls to the floor, and begins to pout and cry. Oh No, i thought. Great, all my efforts for nothing. Well Emmery proved me wrong that day. Sure the nursery door is neighbors with my Library door and I can hear her cry on and off. But I refrained from my motherly instincts and let them take care of her. Sure enough the crying lessened and I was off to Sunday school, then back to Library, then off to Relief society. No one came to get me! It was the first sunday since January that I was able to go uninterrupted during church. So give it up for Emmery for being a 'better" girl and staying in Nursery!!! Whoot, woot!
Later that day we enjoyed our splendid Easter Sunday at my Parents suburb home. I love coming home. The smell, the pine needles, the wide open space, the mountains...I took it all in whilst I attempted to help Emmery find the Easter eggs. Memories filled my mind as we filled her basket. However, I don't really recall Easter egg hunts when I was little...but the baskets were always there. Thanks Mom :0). I was soaking up so much fun and memory watching Emmery in her ignorance. I can recall watching her and thinking "Wow, I created her, she came from me." Crazy ain't it. Time flies.
Afterwards we indulged in a wonderful baby shower for my 3rd Eldest sister. I am so excited for them and their new addition coming soon. She's been through cancer and rehab and here she is such a strong women baring this pregnancy in her condition. She's well now and cancer is gone for all we know(in case anyone was wondering). Im just glad as is going well.
(((the evening's festivities aka baby games )))
Its late, Im tired, and Im lazy...all is well....enjoy the pictures...and Good night...






1 comment:
What a busy FUN day.
Happy Easter:)
Post a Comment